Meet Patti!

Monday, April 10, 2006

Most Misleading Album Cover Of The Year

Award goes to: Cat Power for "The Greatest"



No, this is NOT a greatest hits album. Behind this iridescent pink and gold cover lies a tortured Nora Jones. It's a kind of a soulful, bluesy, indie/adult contemporty and I love it. Myrinda stamps it with her approval as well. I have heard that the artist (Cat Power = Chan Marshall) recently cancelled her entire tour though, because she is painfully shy and maybe a little bit crazy. She has had a tendency to storm off stage in tears. So, I guess I won't be seeing her live any time soon.

5 Comments:

  • Just bought "What Would the Community Think," as well as "You Are Free" We'll see how those turn out. I'm excited.

    By Blogger ~mike, At 10:50  

  • I like "You Are Free" well enough, but I don't think it plays like an album. It's not as solid as a whole in my opinion (although I LOVE "He War").

    By Blogger Patti, At 13:31  

  • I also really like Metal Heart and all the songs I have heard from Moon Pix. I have not heard anything from What Would The Communtity Think. So, perhaps you'd like to hook me up. ;) Did you get The Greatest too?

    By Blogger Patti, At 14:02  

  • I now have The Greatest...ON VINYL!!! So, that's pretty fun.

    By Blogger ~mike, At 07:05  

  • I'm positively seething with jealousy!

    By Blogger Patti, At 09:24  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home