Meet Patti!

Friday, April 07, 2006

CSA: The Confederate States of America

I saw this movie yesterday at Liberty Hall, and I recommend it to anyone that enjoys satirical mockumentaries. The film was directed by one of KU's own, Kevin Willmott. It showed at Sundance. I went to the movie with Travis, who is a film student and will be working on a project with the director this summer.

The premise, for those unfamiliar, is that you're watching an evening of TV in the present day, except that the Confederacy won the Civil War. A British documentary airs complete with commercials. Here's a review. I enjoyed it, and learned some things about American history.

About Liberty Hall...
It is towards the top of my "Things I Will Miss About Lawrence" list. I love its unique aroma of incense and popcorn, its opera house interior, and the fact that you can watch a movie and enjoy a Free State beer there simulaneously.Mmmm Ad Astra.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home