Meet Patti!

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Bite Me, SweeTart

Allow me to start this post by saying, "Happy Valentine's Day, one and all."

Ok, so H-less and I were walking back to Malott after a rollicking game of ping pong. I was enjoying some Valentine's edition SweeTarts. You know, the ones with stupid little messages written on them. I thought I would be silly and inquire the candy, "Tell me SweeTart, is there any hope for me?" Expecting the candy to say something like "Yes" or "You're Cute" or maybe just "Love Ya," I reached into the bag. What did I draw, but a SweeTart that said "Lonely" on it. What the crap?!? Who's bright idea was it to print the word "lonley" on a Valentine's Day candy? We had a good laugh. A little later I decided to give the SweeTarts a chance to redeem themselves. This time the candy said "Hug Me." Lonely and desparate. Happy VD indeed.

3 Comments:

  • I think not.
    I'll be watching for a surge in business at Watkin's.

    By Blogger Patti, At 15:14  

  • How lovely. How about a SweeTart that had sayings like:

    "Wanna share some penicillin?"

    or

    "Give the gift that keeps on giving - VD"

    Crude, yes. But they'd sell like hotcakes.

    By Blogger Grubesteak, At 12:59  

  • You so crazy!

    By Blogger Patti, At 08:56  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home