Meet Patti!

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Lawrence Barn Dance Association

Yes, this is a real organization. Here is their t-shirt design:
Steve, an interesting character I recently met, told me about the association. I found him in the yellow pages. He is a "luthier" which I have learned is a person who makes, repairs, and improves stringed instruments. I made an appointment to look at some fiddles. He greeted me at the door with a huge smile. He was wearing suspenders, a huge gray beard, and a pair of crocs. I have found that almost everyone I talk to about fiddles or anything bluegrass related is ecstatic when someone new is interested in becoming a part of their world. Steve also told me about a weekly "fiddlers' jam." Maybe in a year or so I'll be ready for that.

The barn dances are on the third Saturday of the month. The dances are taught at the beginning and called throughout the dance. The music is live and usually lead by a fiddle. Wonderful. The next one is on January 21. Megan and maybe Annie and Myrinda have agreed to go with me. Anyone else who is interested is more than welcome to join us. P.T. likes to dance, right? Peachimi? The Glow Couple? Holla.

8 Comments:

  • Super! I'm glad you're excited about it too. Any chance of Peaches making an appearance?

    By Blogger Patti, At 09:27  

  • hmm.. interesting enough... hmm.... ho down.. sounds like something I might take you up on!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 13:24  

  • That would be awesome! You could even re-wear your bridesmaid getup, provided it hasn't been burned. Yeee haw! (BTW, Becky has THE BEST bridesmaid story of all time. In fact, Becky, if you want to type it up I'll make a post about it.)

    By Blogger Patti, At 13:45  

  • hmmm... an interesting prospect. No, I no longer have the outfit.. she made me give back the hat and vest.. darn it! Oh, and patti, I was more than just a bridesmaid, I was the MAID OF HONOR!! ;) I'll see what I can do about typing up the story but I'm at work right now!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 19:48  

  • there was a vest and hat involved with this maid of honor outfit?

    By Blogger ~mike, At 13:20  

  • Exactly. I think there was some fringe involved, too.

    By Blogger Patti, At 08:48  

  • I will email you the full story someday. It's almost too painfully funny to put into words. I'll try to get a pic to attach when I do finally post it. I think a video exists as well.. Patti--did you know they are divorced now?!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:31  

  • jeannie p roxsorz my boxsorz

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 13:06  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home