Meet Patti!

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Dumpster Diving!

My day was made when Molly called this afternoon to tell me that the dumpster at their complex was loaded with old records. "I'll be there in 10 minutes." I pulled my truck up beside the dumpster, put on some rubber gloves, and went to task. I figured that I would take them indiscriminately and sort through them at home. Although the dumpster was not terribly disgusting, it was somewhat difficult to get at some of the albums. Dumpsters seem much larger if you're trying to grab something from the bottom. It took cunning and athleticism that I can thank the student rec center for.

There were more records in that dumpster than I wanted to count. It took me three trips to get them into my apartment. This was after leaving the ones on the very bottom because I feared their filth.

About 70% of the albums were Spanish language or Mariachi. I'll have to see if the Rofo is familiar with any of them. Approximately one quarter were Christmas music and the rest were wildly assorted. The noteworthy Christmas albums: Frank Sinatra, Judy Garland, "Disco Noel," Glen Campbell, Wayne Newton, Mannheim Steamroller, and Stevie Wonder.
Notable Espanol: Trini Lopez, Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass
Etc: Linda Ronstadt, Placido Domingo, The Platters, Jesus Christ Superstar, and the best of all....drumroll.....THE BEE GEES!! I love me some Bee Gees.

4 Comments:

  • all I can say is.......UGH!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 15:33  

  • WOW. What a find, that's awesome. I'll have to start checkin out the dumpsters around here

    By Blogger ~mike, At 06:17  

  • Yes, thanks to Molly and Stephen for the sweet hook up indeed.

    By Blogger Patti, At 11:01  

  • did you say MARIACHI?!

    p.s. i'm back in the country now. i had to run like a mo fo but i made it. talk to you soon.

    ARRIBA!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 20:31  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home