Meet Patti!

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Violin

Inspired by Andrew Bird* and encouraged by Myrinda, I have decided to learn to play the violin. It is something that I have been considering for some time now. I find violin music haunting in a pleasant way. My shaky hands will make for a great vibrato. Also, I find myself running low in patience recently. Pushing through the frustration of learning something new will be good for me.

I love the sound of a well-played violin, but can’t wait to irritate my crappy-music-playing neighbor with the screech and squawk of a beginner violinist. I think eventually I may learn some blue grass fiddle, but being a purist I will start with classic violin initially. Anyway, this is the object of my current obsession.


*I got 3 more of his CDs for Christmas and they’re each excellent in a slightly different way. You can stream his latest album from the link above. (Lower left)

1 Comments:

  • What!? I guess I had forgotten that you once played violin. Is it full sized or Mittens sized?

    By Blogger Patti, At 13:20  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home