Meet Patti!

Sunday, January 22, 2006

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night

The barn dance was a smashing success, at least in my mind. Others may disagree. There will be pictures to follow. I was the first of my crew to get to the dance, so it was somewhat awkward for the first half hour or so. The guy instructing the beginners' lesson had sharp talons and managed to take a chunk out of my thumb. It bled for like an hour. My partner was this super intense guy who brought two pairs of cowboy boots. You know, one for everyday wear and the other for dancin'. He thought he was a stud.

Eventually, I was joined by Annie, Fred, Grant, Mimi, Burr, Mark, and Tara. A few of them walked in with looks of "I want to kill her" in their eyes and the others wore "What the heck?" kind of expressions. In the end though, everyone admitted to having had a good time.

The barn dance was contra dancing which is much like square dancing, except that it is done in long lines with many people. It is old-timey wholesome fun for the entire family.

After that extravaganza, we moved on to Louise's for some pool, etc. Then Peachimi left and the rest of us (Annie, Fred, Burr, and me) moved on to 815 for some more dancing. We incorporated some of our new moves onto the dance floor there, with Burr doing most of the calling. Do-si-do!! Ladies' chain! It was grand.

Then, after 815 closed, (it was indeed a long night) we went to Last Call. Bad idea? Nah. Culture shock? Definitely. Annie looked hilarious on that dance floor with her cowboy gear on from head to toe. We saw at least three catfights and two weaves pulled out. (Jerry! Jerry!)

The evening/night/morning was complete after breakfast at IHOP. So much diversity. I love you, Lawrence.

1 Comments:

  • I'm a bum. It's true. I slept through the barn dance and then decided that, instead of having a social life, I was going to do nothing.. which I did. But now, as usual I regret my choice. I'm such a homebody anymore it's kinda sad. Point being, I love you patti, and I'm bummed that I missed out b/c it sounded like a lot of fun!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 08:09  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home