Meet Patti!

Thursday, November 24, 2005

An Open Letter to My Homegirls Who Are About to Get Married

Dear Randi Knott and Missy/Melissa/Mimi/Mittens Pringle,

So you're getting married. I'm truly happy for each of you! But, before you take the plunge there is something I would like for you to consider: Please, PLEASE keep your maiden names. More than just feminists are doing it these days. You two make the best candidates imaginable. You each have something great to lose.

Randi with an "i" is a woman's name, I agree. R. Knott. Hehe. I would definitely miss that. It always makes me smile. You wouldn't want to make me frown, would you? Please keep the R. Knott!

Missy, the way you purchase a mini-sized can of Pringles on road trips is comic genius. Those of us who know you now get the joke. But what about the friends you haven't met yet? For the sake of your future friends, please keep the Pringle.

In closing, I urge you to be a trend setter. I suppose this request only applies to the first one of you to decide to keep your maiden name. The other, I urge to follow. You don't want people to think you're weird, do you?

Sincerely,
Patti Yager

5 Comments:

  • So, if a woman keeps her maiden name, does your argument imply that she has something greater to lose than to gain?

    By Blogger Grubesteak, At 20:35  

  • Steak- What I meant was that these two have awesome last names to lose. Knott and Pringle are difficult to improve upon, that's all. Nothing deep.

    Mimi- I guess that'll have to do. And Randall is pretty good, it could be Butkus or Shufflebean (actually spelled Shieflebien-a real person who I met yesterday).

    By Blogger Patti, At 00:10  

  • Rand"i"-Thank you for the wonderful comments, and for the compliments. I figured you would probably go the Weller route. Times change, I suppose, but you'll always be R. Knott in my heart. Ah.
    Also, I wanted to warn you that Becky included your bra size in the bachelorette invitation. Be afraid. See you there!

    By Blogger Patti, At 14:05  

  • whoops. for a second I thought she might become Randi Randall. Luckily, not. Love the cheetos pic, borrowed it for my most recent post--linked back here. Hope you don't mind. Your pic made on probably the most important post of my blog. :)

    btw. I've been thinking about the name change--I'd be going from a simple Germanic 6-letter last name to a wild and wacky and impossible to pronouce 13-letter Polish last name.

    but at least I ditched the guy who's last name was Bacon. hee hee

    By Blogger Krista, At 20:08  

  • you guys always quack me up. congrats to the newly weds, and seriously? I'm a traditional guy at heart. (applause, please) you girls do HONOR to your husbands by taking his last name. I hope they honor you as well. peace.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 01:36  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home