Meet Patti!

Monday, November 07, 2005

Falling Leaves

Think of them as confetti.

OR, alternatively

Think of them as weapons of assault which target two-wheeled vehicles.

I was struck by leaves twice in my first autumn as a scooter chick. The first happened as I sped down Emery towards 9th Street. Emery is very steep and winds a lot in that area. A leaf fell in just such a way that it lodged between my face and the right lens of my glasses, partially obstructing my vision and scaring the crap out of me. The second incident involved a wet pile of leaves. As I turned the corner, I slid on the pile and then softly landed on it.

Leaves: friend or foe? You decide.

1 Comments:

  • Those are the only two choices? What is this like a "You're either for us or against us sort of thing?" What if they aren't foes, but are more like acquaintances?

    By Blogger ~mike, At 11:09  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home