Meet Patti!

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Halloween!!


These are some pictures from this weekend. We went to Worlds of Fun in costume, only to find out that you are not allowed to wear a costume into the park if you're over a certain age. Oops. Actually, my angel costume wasn't a costume at all according to their standards. Neither was Annie's. Her jailbird costume "could just have been a shirt." They made Travis turn in his saber, Nick had to loose his creepy Scream mask, and Martha had to totally ditch her cop uniform. But my halo and wings were given the go ahead. Whatever. Oh, and Huck Finn is Annie's little bro, also named Nick. My favorite part was the Carnival of Carnivorous Clowns: a fun house that is creepy in name, but true to its role as a fun house. We got 3D glasses and enjoyed shapes and characters popping out at us. It really messes with your depth perception. The best part of the fun house was this little bridge thing with a tunnel of spinning lights around it. Trippy.

Another highlight was convincing Annie to ride the Mamba with me. She had only ridden 2 roller coasters before and is afraid of heights. What is it about human nature that compels us to build enormous scary rides and wait in line for hours on end for the sole purpose of scaring the crap out of ourselves? Somehow I convinced Annie that that Mamba would be perfect for her, a newby. After we were strapped in, I told her that we would be going 75 miles per hour, and that it's the tallest coaster in the park. She covered her eyes and screamed through the entire ride. Somewhere in the universe there is a picture of me laughing hysterically with Annie next to me scared out of her mind. I'm soo mean.

1 Comments:

  • Not only do we "wait in line for hours on end for the sole purpose of scaring the crap out of ourselves," but we also PAY for it. I don't get it either Patt"I"!
    Your costumes make me giggle.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 18:48  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home