Meet Patti!

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Sunshine and Nutmeg

Yesterday was a beautimous day in Lawrence. The temperature on the bank said 87 degrees, so I thought I'd take advantage of the gorgeous weather and sit out in the sun at South Park for perhaps the last time of the year. I went home, grabbed the blanket I use for sunbathing, a pair of sunglasses, a book, and the new Fiona Apple cd that I just bought and had not yet listened to. I fell asleep in the sun, and woke up in the shade. After moving my blanket to a sunnier spot, the last track came on my earphones. What I heard became my quote of the week - Waltz (Better Than Fine). I thought it appropriate. Enjoying sun shine is not a waste of time.

This next part is totally shallow and self absorbed. Isn't that what blogging is all about?
In other "news"...I colored my hair. Just like everyone else; I thought I'd jump on the dark haircolor bandwagon. I've been wanting to try a darker color for quite some time now. When Molly colored hers (it looks awesome) I decided that I really wanted to color mine too, but that I couldn't. Then Missy went to the dark side for the sake of Halloween. So there was Molly, Missy, and of course Ro. hehe.
I decided to look at the haircolor and obviously ended up buying one. Nutmeg-dark brown but NOT black. It's not permanent, so I thought it would be like trying it on. I love it. I love it and I want to marry it.

3 Comments:

  • Patti-your stories make me laugh aloud. still reading your blog, and amazed at your insight into things. never dull.
    I need your adress. e-mail it to me at randi@ksu.edu
    Miss you kiddo-
    Love Ran

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 17:12  

  • indeed. You have a way with words that makes me feel each of your stories. Did you study under Mark Twain, because it reminds me of how Twain used language to conjur up images, even without specifically stating them.

    Mike

    By Blogger ~mike, At 15:16  

  • Thank you both for your flattery.
    No, I in fact did not study under Twain, but if you'd like I can add a sprinkling of words like "afeared" and "Injun" to my posts. "Injun" could prove to be challenging. Furthermore, I did not study under anyone at all and did indeed get busted yesterday by Steve for not knowing what a protagonist was.

    By Blogger Patti, At 06:40  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home