Meet Patti!

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Curious Day

Lab started this morning at 8:30. I woke up at 9. Apparently, my phone (I use it as an alarm clock) needs to be turned off occasionally rather than being left on 24/7 for months at a time. I quickly pulled myself together, and scooted off to class. I walked in the door of Malott at 9:13. That has to be a record!

About an hour later, as I was going down the ramp to Haworth in a wheelchair (lab), I saw the year's first snow flakes. It somehow looked both blustery and tranquil at the same time.

Then this afternoon the funniest thing that ever happened in class went down. We were learning about Tourette's Syndrome and the instructor had a video for us to watch. Tourette's is the infamous disease in which 25% of the sufferers yell obscenities. They often have both physical and verbal tics. The purpose of the video was to show us what Tourette's patients go through on a daily basis. It featured several patients being interviewed about their disease. It was interesting. The first patient was a young woman who was quietly and respectfully answering a question asked by the interviewer. BUT her sentences were sprinkled with the F word at a high volume. That was strange enough, but then a white haired professor peeked his head in the door of our lecture hall. He said that the audio was being broadcast in his room as well. I laugh just picturing how that class must have gone. There was uproar for about 5 minutes. Hilarious.

5 Comments:

  • "That's the craziest thing I ever heard" - said in a sassy Tim Meadows voice ala the SNL sketch.

    By Blogger ~mike, At 06:40  

  • It was definitely Tracy. Yes, it was pretty crazy.

    By Blogger Patti, At 12:33  

  • crap. I guess that makes me a racist. Or just someone bad with names.

    By Blogger ~mike, At 14:36  

  • Or maybe both? Nah.

    By Blogger Patti, At 19:04  

  • i knew a guy with tourettes once. when one of my friends scraped his knee skateboarding, this guy tried to bum the scab off him. he intended to eat it. is that consistent with tourettes or did eddy have other issues?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 06:45  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home