Meet Patti!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Favorite Holiday: Labor Day

I realized this weekend that I finally have a favorite holiday, and it's a little unconventional. I like Labor Day for several reasons. Here is a list:

1. Low expectations. No one is ever disappointed because Labor Day didn't go as well as they wanted. You can get together with family or not, go somewhere or stay home; and no one will bat an eyelash. There are no traditions you are pressured to keep, no expensive presents to buy, and no feasts to cook.

2. The end of summer. I don't dislike summer, but towards the end it seems like it has gone on too long. I'm usually ready for fall long before the weather cools down. Labor day is like one last fling with summer before it's over.

3. A day off (for most). Labor day really boils down to just a day off from work. Who doesn't like that?

1 Comments:

  • Patti? I think Labor Day is an awesome holiday also. For exactly the SAME reasons. thas scary hon. smooooch.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 22:57  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home