Meet Patti!

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Fun And Torment At Milford Lake

This weekend I joined my parents at Milford. Ryan apparently had to work. It was raining when I arrived on Friday night as it did on and off all day on Saturday. The pop-up camper we slept in is a 1983 masterpiece. Unfortunately, it has seen better days and leaks a bit. Everything was just a little damp, but that's ok.


(This is what a campfire looks like when you burn a piece of copper pipe with garden hose inside.)

Although it was cloudy on Saturday, we took Dad's new boat on during a break from the rain. It is quality, and I like it even though I know nothing about boats. Another piece of fun, and where the first part about torment comes in to play, is the thing Dad bought to pull people behind the boat in. Here is a picture from Cabela's:



It was good times, and I can't wait to take it out again. Besides, I don't think Dad got a chance to toss me around like a rag doll the way he wanted. Next time we'll have to put the rope on the right way so that water doesn't spew blindingly into our faces. Also, next time we'll have to use a different brand of sunblock. The "waterproof, sweatproof 45 SPF" we had left me with a bright red burn and blisters on my face. Oww. No regrets.

8 Comments:

  • Sounds right up my alley.. can I go?! I think I've gone tubing ?once? in my life?!!! Is alcohol involved?! Figure it would hurt less just a *little bit* inebriated. ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 21:42  

  • PeeWee, I COULD have thrown you around like the proverbial "rag doll", next time I won't be so nice. Really looking forward to the next time, maybe Smithville because of your hectic schedule. Invite friends!! Love you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 03:30  

  • UPDATE: Mom, Dad, Annie and I went to Centralia last Thursday with the tube. Dad showed no mercy. Annie and I are sore. Anyone up for Smithville?

    By Blogger Patti, At 17:40  

  • when??

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 05:45  

  • Patti, Smithville would be a riot. the last hur rah of the summer. I'm up for it, if you can get a day off, just let me know, so I can arrange MY DAY OFF. Invite your torture loving friends, and we'll see how tough they are. Let's do it! Love you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 23:50  

  • Even me?? Even Me?? Come on GW. Am I invited if I can coordinate my schedule???? I'll let you totally kick my butt on the tube. I might even cry a little. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:19  

  • ESPECIALLY you, Becky. Let's make it happen. Where exactly is this "Smithville"?

    By Blogger Patti, At 18:57  

  • Smithville is a pretty large lake just north of KC. If I remember right, it's on highway 92(?) about where the Platte City exit is. East about 15 miles or so.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 13:17  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home