Meet Patti!

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Fashion - Turn to the Left

Here we have a trend I couldn't help but notice in Europe. Becky and I first spotted wild and crazy tights in London or Ireland, but it was much bigger in Slovenia. These pictures were all taken in Ljubljana. At first I thought all the crazy hose were silly, but it eventually grew on me. Now I think they're sassy. With the right skirt of course.

Worth mentioning is the fact that hosiery is most commonly sold in special shops that only sell hosiery and sometimes bikinis. Rarely lingerie. I learned this the hard way when I stepped into a shop that had tacky lingerie in the window. I wanted to look at tights, but they did not have any tights. They had, er, UNUSUAL merchandise for a mall. If you know what I mean. Right there in the mall! I stepped in, my jaw dropped, I stepped out, and laughed out loud for about 5 minutes. Stupid foreigner.

Perhaps this fancypants fad will eventually make it to Kansas. Another fashion prediction: polka dots. I notice that they're all the rage in London.


7 Comments:

  • I must say that I sort of hate those. please dont wear any.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:48  

  • I think they're cool, but I didn't buy any for myself.

    By Blogger Patti, At 10:56  

  • I DOUBLE hate em...pleeease don't.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:35  

  • You guys just don't get it.

    By Blogger Patti, At 15:40  

  • I wanna see Beckums wear those tights.......with the right skirt, of course.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 13:49  

  • Grandpa? Really?

    By Blogger Patti, At 07:08  

  • Well, kinda. He was sitting here watching me type it.....smoooch.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 01:04  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home