Meet Patti!

Monday, June 26, 2006

Saturday at Lake Bohinj

Lake Bohinj is a clear, blue, rocky lake in the Julian Alps. I think it would be fun to fish there. What? Yeah. The mountains rise right out of the water. I went to the lake with Monica from Portugal, who is by the way quite a character. We had a good time. We rented a canoe which was more like a two person kayak. We rowed across the lake and back. I was in the front and Monica kept accidentally dripping water on me and would sometimes whack me in the head with her paddle. Even so, we did get much better on the way back across the lake. Monica says we are now good enough to qualify for the Olympics. Team Portumerica? On the other side of the lake we swam to cool off. It worked. The water was frigid. As I was swimming, I noticed snow caps on the higher mountains. THAT is why it is so cold. Here are some pictures:



6 Comments:

  • Wow that looks amazing! I wanna go!!!!!! :) Glad you're having a great time. I've been turning your cell phone on and calling random people... just thought I'd let ya know I might have rekindled a few lost loves... (no, not really!) Love ya!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:02  

  • Wow, by far my favorite pics that you've shown here. (Maybe apart from the precious hay stacks!) And how are you just meeting these random people? I wish I had your people skillz! :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:23  

  • i went to milford, im sure you are soooo jealous :P so when do you actually work over there? ill say one more time how super jealous i am. keep the pictures coming.
    ry

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 14:58  

  • Those are some stellar shots! Did you ever consider changing your profession to nature photography? THAT'd make for an interesting story…

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 14:59  

  • It's hard to take a bad picture on "the sunny side of the Alps" and Milford rawks.

    By Blogger Patti, At 10:21  

  • Hmmm... "the rest of the story"? Intriguing. Let's hear it Ryan!

    By Blogger Patti, At 04:32  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home