Meet Patti!

Friday, July 07, 2006

Rectal Rockets & More!

I'm on rotation this month at a community pharmacy in North Kansas City, about a 50 minute drive that is well worth it because this pharmacy is so great. On my first day I was given an advertisement brochure about compounding services:

"Some of the individualized compounds include: Natural hormones, medications that are no longer manufactured, rectal rocket suppositories, pain relief therapy, facial peels..."

Wait. Did it say rectal rocket? What the crap is that? It is just like you imagine. A rocket shaped suppository with a vent for gas. Lovely.

I have learned a lot already, and I've only been here 3 days. They deal with a lot of geriatric issues, which is an interest of mine. They offer blood pressure checks, HRT/wellness consults, bone density screening, asthma management, immunizations, and diabetes management. I spent most of yesterday afternoon making hormone replacement therepy creams. Every week I get to give a brief presentation about an herbal, and I will have to do 2 journal clubs this month. Also, they are participating in a drug study. I am in pharmacy nerd heaven.

2 Comments:

  • No.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:47  

  • G'Pa says he'll try some of those rocket thingys, but you will need to show him how to insert it....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:32  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home