Meet Patti!

Friday, April 21, 2006

Stellastarr* Show

Wednesday night, The Granada, Lawrence KS: Ro, Megan, and I saw Stellastarr with opening band The Editors.

I really didn't have too high of expectation for The Editors, mostly because they were opening for a band who aren't very well known themselves. I had certainly never heard of The Editors before. They surprised many when they came with it. They were very talented, especially the guitar player. We liked them even more after we noticed that they were British. Everyone loves a Brit. We debated whether the lead singer was high or mildly autistic. Both, I think. Apparently there was another opening band, but sadly we missed them.

Stellastarr was wonderful. Those dudes can totally wail. I have to say, though, that their new album disappoints. The band seemed to agree as they played almost all of the first album, and less (I think) of the new album. I had heard the chick in the background vocals but not realized that she plays the bass too. It's cool to see a rocker girl represent. The drummer revealed himself to be a tool when he removed his t-shirt showing an asterisk-shaped pastie made of black electrical tape over his right nipple. (That is the correct spelling according to dictionary.com and yes, I'm very proud of that sentence.) Megan didn't mind, but I thought it was silly.

4 Comments:

  • so you would recommend checking out the editors then?

    By Blogger ~mike, At 04:54  

  • Hmmm. I'm not sure how they would sound on an album. To be honest, I'm not all that picky about live music. I think I'll try to buy the album when I'm in London next month. It would just be that much cooler.

    By Blogger Patti, At 09:23  

  • Anyone want to go see the Gooding band play next Thursday (5/4)? What? Don't know who Gooding is? He's only a guitar virtuOSO from 'ta-town. Crazy good fun! Check it out

    Oh, and you'll like this Patti; some of the stuff he writes, reminds me a lot of U2.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:15  

  • I may be down for that. Call me?

    By Blogger Patti, At 12:08  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home