Meet Patti!

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Meet Shelby!



I adopted Shelby today from Tri-State Basset Hound Rescue. She is a 7 year old mix, and probably has some Sheltie or Collie in her. Now that she's home and settled in she is very, very mellow. However, we got off to a rough start today. She didn't want to get into my truck to leave the shelter. She was shaky and just laid on the ground on her back. I had to get help.

After leaving the kennel, I took her to Petsmart to buy some essentials. About 15 feet inside the store she took a huge dump on the floor. How embarrassing. Then on the way back to my apartment she got a lot carsick in my truck. Lastly, she wiped out on the steps up to my door. Her stubby little legs and 55 lb. body add up to "not so good with stairs." I'm hoping that she's just nervous and this isn't predictive of the future.

By the way SHE picked out that toy, not me. Seriously. It squeaks.

3 Comments:

  • she's adorable! i'm jealous

    -dr. boat

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 17:37  

  • Wow! Your first day story sounds a little like some adventures in "Marley and Me". I'm sure you're going to have a great time with Shelby. Dogs can adjust quickly, I think. I SO love my dog. For me, I've found that even when they're bad, they're good.

    By Blogger Danafesto, At 17:39  

  • Ha ha, yeah, it does sound like Marley and Me (and other dog owner learning stories).  I think you two will get along just fine!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 20:17  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home