Meet Patti!

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Project Runway

I'm mad at Bravo/iTunes, and I'll tell you why.

I don't pay for cable, so I don't get the Bravo channel. This mean no Project Runway. No Project Runway?!? I KNOW!! My coping strategy was to purchase season 3 from iTunes. I downloaded and watched episodes 1-13. In the process I saw that episode 14 of 15 was added to the iTunes store. I downloaded and watched it, but the very last episode still wasn't available. I figured that this was because the last one had not yet aired, so I went to Bravo's website to see when it would be on and when it would be available for download. On the opening page of Project Runway it said "Congratulations to Season 3 winner [CENSORED]!" They spoiled it for me! I had invested ~11 hrs. only to have it blown before the last episode. Bummer.

1 Comments:

  • I'd say this is probably more of Bravo's fault rather than iTunes.

    I do the same thing with Battlestar Galactica on the Sci-Fi network. I don't pay for the extra cable to get Sci-Fi, so I've relied on iTunes for my fix.

    As season three started, it wasn't showing up on iTunes. Historically, it shows up around noon the next day after it airs. But it was four days later and ... nothing.

    I too visited the Sci-Fi network web site and didn't learn anything (I had to be careful in reading the message boards so not to learn anything). There wasn't anything.

    Finally, on the fifth day, someone from the Sci-Fi network posted that it was a problem on their end getting the show to Apple.

    I did check out Project Runway on iTunes and episode 15 is there without any spoilers. A lesson learned for all of us in this new age of TV via the Internet: stay away from the product's web site if you don't want to know too much.

    By Blogger Grubesteak, At 09:49  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home