Meet Patti!

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Bring on the Wreckage

Last night was the Douglas County Fair's most important cultural event: the Demolition Derby. Here is an article from the Lawrence Journal World.

It was all part of Missy's brilliant plan. When she asked me if I wanted to go, I did not hesitate. The spattering of mud and the smells of smoke and blown radiators were irresistible. In attendance were Missy, Joan, myself, and thousand(s?) of excited others. We came to see cars turn into heaps of twisted metal. We were not disappointed, although there could have been more fire. Also, Missy would have liked to see better designed cars. More color, more appropriate fonts. Most of the cars looked quite poor, graphically speaking.

We did spot two excellent mullets and one horrific rat tail. It was on a woman, and she had only the rat tail itself bleached blonde. Joan got a healthy dose of Kansas culture, and sampled local cuisine: a corn dog and funnel cake.

On the agenda for tonight: salsa dancing at Westport. It should be fun.

In other news, my Venus Fly Trap was pronounced dead this afternoon at 1:47 pm. The cause of death was neglect. Apparently I have no idea how to care for such a carnivorous plant.

6 Comments:

  • I'm not sure if I prefer Demolition Derby or corn dog... probably both are a great combo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 07:51  

  • I agree! You really do need both together. I'm glad you had a good time.

    By Blogger Patti, At 09:23  

  • i love corn dogs, funnel cakes, and cars---i should've been there! oh well. the salsa was great!! i expect that you will blog about that sometime soon. i'll be waiting...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 09:52  

  • p.s. i'm glad the spanish cowboy had a great time!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 09:53  

  • Waiting impatiently for the salsa blog.. had fun meeting your friends as well. except for that creepy "ro" character.. whatever does that stand for anyway???

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 04:28  

  • Yeah, you sure did MexiRo. It made my skin crawl.

    By Blogger Patti, At 12:54  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home