Meet Patti!

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Bienvenido a los Estados Unidos

Wow. 'Twas a full day.

The first order of business was welcoming Joan, the pharmacy school's exchange student from Spain. Five of us went to the airport dressed in our "I Love Drugs" shirts and cowboy gear. The poor guy had a terrible time getting here. His travel agent booked his flights with too short of a layover. As a result, he missed his flight in London. Then, he had to wait for 10 hours in Boston. Add to that the airline (American) losing his luggage and jet lag. Joan was in surprisingly good spirits though, especially considering the cirmcumstances. He handled it much better then I would have. (But then again, when I flew to Prague I cried a lot, wanted to go home desparately bad, and slept 29 hours the first "night".) We went to lunch at Papa Keno's, showed him around Malott Hall, and introduced him to Dr. Staudinger.

After that I went swimming with Mimi in the pool at Quail Creek, also known as the former residence of a certain Mike, Aaron, and Timmah. I inhaled much water, and indured a painful cramp in my calf while in the deep end (9 ft.) This was after Missy left, and there was no one within screaming distance. I pictured myself drowning. Then I came to my senses, realized that I am physically incapable of sinking below the surface, and stopped being so morbid.

Then this evening, I got a phone call from someone interested in looking at my car. They came by, AND BOUGHT IT!! I thought selling my car would be more bittersweet, but at this point it's almost entirely sweet. I've been through so much trying to get rid of that thing, its a relief to have it over with. Plus I really need the $$.

4 Comments:

  • What were you doing at Quail Creek Pool??

    By Blogger ~mike, At 06:11  

  • I was just mooching.

    By Blogger Patti, At 19:24  

  • Remember the time the tire blew out on our roadtrip to church camp?? and remember how it tore off part of your car. That was awesome. I'll sure miss her though :(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 04:26  

  • That road trip we went on when I was 16 and you were 15 and we stayed at that uber crappy Econo Lodge by ourselves for 3 days? Yes, I remember. Good times.

    By Blogger Patti, At 16:35  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home