Meet Patti!

Monday, August 01, 2005

Wiener Dog Nationals


Yesterday the sky was clear, the temperature was warm, and the legs were short. The Woodlands Race Track celebrated their 12th annual Wiener Dog Nationals. This is the design the t-shirts had, unfortunately. I would have liked to get a shirt, but I just can't bear to walk around with the phrase "Got-R-Done" on.

The dachshunds raced between greyhounds. Those little guys are soo cute. Besides the dogs, there was some really good people watching. Rofo is the best for that. She's so fun. We spotted at least 2 mullets and some slammin' outfits. Is dressing in head to toe turquoise a bad idea? Absolutely! Purple though...that's hot.

6 Comments:

  • man, i had a really good, long comment to post and i accidentally deleted it. now, i can' remember it. shucks!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 22:00  

  • shucks?

    By Blogger Patti, At 22:57  

  • I haven't heard that in a long time, though I use to say it. As far as the long comment thing, I find that when I'm typing a long comment or especially a post - it is safer to type it into word or notepad then paste it into blogger and hit post. That way if blogger does something stupid, you can repaste it back in. Shorter posts, like this I don't bother with doing that.

    By Blogger ~mike, At 07:58  

  • Oh yeah, BTW. Such a cool post. I especially liked the part about "Yesterday the sky was clear, the temperature was warm, and the legs were short." Wonderful writing. And those photos, you grabbed those from the internet, right? If you took those, kudos. Especially on the top one.

    By Blogger ~mike, At 07:59  

  • Speaking of the weiners.. I saw a little Jake this past weekend. He's quite the ferocious little guy. He told me he missed his Patti.. but it sounded more like arf ar arrr worf. and then he showed his teeth (you know what i'm talking about).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 00:23  

  • That was his smile. It means he likes you! I'm guessing he was doing the nervous tail wag as well, which is better than what he used to do...pee.

    By Blogger Patti, At 06:48  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home