Meet Patti!

Thursday, July 14, 2005

This Post is About Bologna

"We are lips and thighs of a donkey. Please eat us but do not think that we are lips when you eat us otherwise you'll throw up." -Eddie Izzard (Circle)

I purchased some bologna during my last trip to the grocery store. It was sort of a personal dare. I typically don't eat that sort of thing. I'm very particular; an occasional vegetarian. Mom has called me a "meat snob". Steak, hot dogs, bologna, and any meat with bones in it are out. But I'm making a concious effort to be less neurotic, so I bought the bologna. I used to like it as a kid, why not now?

I watched "Circle" other day. After hearing this part, I worried that it would haunt me and that bologna would forever be ruined for me. But my resolve was strong, and I forced myself to make a bologna sandwich for lunch. "Don't think about it. Don't think about it." Then I bit my lip. Ouch.

"We are lips..."

2 Comments:

  • There's nothing wrong with a good steak.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 22:02  

  • did you put mustard on that bologna sandwich??!

    why do you think we pronounce it [ba loe nee]? i wonder if italians hate us for that?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 20:09  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home