Meet Patti!

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The Mysterious Production of Eggs

Andrew Bird - The Mysterious Production of Eggs

This has got to be one of the best album titles ever. It is appropriate for a guy named Andrew Bird. Also good is the music on this album. I really like it, in a way similar to the way I like Rufus Wainwright. A cleaning-your-house-on-a-Saturday kind of way. The lyrics are engaging, and the arrangements are fresh. This is one of my favorite newly discovered albums.

I must conclude with a shout out to Tom for introducing me to this masterpiece. Word to your motha!

4 Comments:

  • Patti,

    I'm adding you to my blogroll, but then I realized, I don't know your last name. E-mail me at iamthesteak at grubesteak dot com and let me know, will ya?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 18:22  

  • You feel that Rufus is good cleaning your house on saturday music? Fascinating. Oh, also you narrowly missed getting a sever reprimand for opening your door without seeing the plain clothes officer's ID, all because blogger sucks and somehow didn't post my comment.

    By Blogger ~mike, At 16:17  

  • hmmm... I think that should have been severe reprimand...

    By Blogger ~mike, At 16:19  

  • Mike,
    1. Myrinda reprimanded me severely enough, although not too severely. She recommends that I get a chain for my door or at very least shout through it. I agree. I wasn't thinking.
    2. Rufus himself considers his music to be of the cleaning your house on a Saturday type. He mentioned it in an interview on Canadian MuchMusic back when the self-titled album came out. For whatever reason I remember that comment. Rufus and I go way back. :)

    By Blogger Patti, At 16:29  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home