Meet Patti!

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

And Now for Something Completely Different...

Optimism.

Yesterday after work I drove to the Merriest of Ville's. Along the drive, I was noticing what a lovely State I live in. The plains are beautiful this time of year. The fields were dotted with ponds and puddles, and the grass and trees are as green as ever. There were big, puffy, cotton-ball-like clouds in the sky. Once I started thinking about it, I couldn't stop noticing the simple, natural beauty that surrounded me. I saw horses swishing flies with their tails, wild flowers carelessly growing wherever they please, winding country roads, countless rusty windmills, a line of oak trees breaking the horizon, and cattle huddling in the shade.

And I think to myself, what a wonderful world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home