Meet Patti!

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Welcome to Ljubljana

I have now made it safely to Slovenia. Tomorrow will be my first day of actually working. Today, I walked ALL OVER Ljubljana with a girl named Katja (sp?) getting things in order. Things like getting a bus pass, train pass, student ID, and food coupons. I would have been more than lost without her. Apparently I misunderstood about the situation. Yes, I will be working in Kranj, but I am staying in an awesome apartment in Ljubljana with an awesome girl named Tijana. Her boyfriend is pretty cool too. All of the pharmacy students I have met so far speak English very well. In general I am surprized at how many Slovenians speak English. They start taking classes in grade school. From what I understand, this is mandatory and another language can be added later. Another thing that I learned and found surprizing is that college here is free. No tuition. Can you imagine? Besides that, they (we) are allowed to buy half price meal coupons for many restaurants. More later... Keeping up with my blog shouldn't be too difficult as I am allowed to use the computer lab. I would post a couple more pictures, but will have to wait. My camera needs to be recharged.
Ciao! (Not just Italians say that)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home