Meet Patti!

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

No Rest For The Weary

There is one thing I love and will miss about finals week, strange as it may sound. Music. I have never been able to study in silence. I go out of my mind. The tv is distracting, but playing music is just right. Enough engagement to keep all the parts of my mind busy without distracting me from my work. Perfection. Finals week gives me the opportunity to revisit my music collection and play cds and mp3s that have been long forgotten. Yesterday I made one of my most eclectic play lists ever. Example: Kanye West, KC And The Sunshine Band, Kenny Rogers, and Kraftwerk. Nice.

I played some of my formerly loved albums, too: Rufus Wainwright - Poses, Alanis Morissette - Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie, Cake - Prolonging The Magic, and Newsboys - Take Me To Your Leader. Good stuff from times past.

Three down, one to go. One more exam in the morning. One week of working, and then I'm leaving on a jetplane...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home