Meet Patti!

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Don't It Always Seem To Go

That you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone.


Yesterday was my last day working at Watkin's. When I first started there three years ago I hated it. I seriously considered quitting a couple of times within the first month. The pay was so bad that I even looked for another job a year later. But I stayed at Watkins, and I'm glad I did. That job gave me the opportunity to learn a ton. As an intern, they let me to do anything and everything the law allowed. It was positively overwhelming at first, but as I gained experience and learned things in class I grew much more confident. Also, I got a thicker skin and realized that some customers just aren't that nice. Some are angry and mean, and it's not necessarily my fault. I got to play pharmacist there, and I think that is the best way to learn.

Over the years, I grew close to my coworkers. It was like a big family where everyone mostly got along great, occasionally not so great, but we always appreciated each other. Rare is the entirely female (expect Patrick) workplace where everyone gets along and there is no gossip. It was refreshing. Also rare is the job where everyone gives you a hug on your last day, and you actually get a little choked up. It was like leaving the nest. I just hope I'll be able to fly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home