Meet Patti!

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Stuff & Things

Hello. Since my last post, a lot has been going on. I spent the first week of June in Chicago learning about Parkinson's Disease. It was awesome except for getting stuck there an extra night after my flight got cancelled. I ended up missing my friends Val & Hughby's wedding, paying $6 for a stick of deodorant, and splitting a hamburger with a stranger. However, I did use my Midwestern charm to score a free night in the O'hare Hilton. King size bed, flat screen HDTV, mini-bar, etc. It could've been worse.

Of course I have been a little stressed out with the end of my residency (last day June 27), that trip to India, and move back to KS impending. My passport (and hopefully visa) are in the mail set to arrive tomorrow. I'm packing up my apartment to move everything into storage for now. India will happen July 3-August 8. When I get back I plan to relax and settle into Wichita until I start my new job on September 2. Phew.

There's your update. Oh, and Happy Father's Day.

2 Comments:

  • Sigh. I miss you. That sucks you missed the wedding, but sounds like you did ok for yourself on that free hotel room. Not much room for a NY visit in your future. Maybe in a few months when you feel the need to escape Kansas...

    By Blogger Stephanie, At 23:10  

  • Done.

    By Blogger Patti, At 04:49  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home