Meet Patti!

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

India

I have always been drawn to India for various reasons. This summer I'm getting a chance to go! My friend, George, has been planning a trip to an orphanage to teach English and I'm planning to go too. I will also be teaching English and hopefully helping out with medical issues. The details haven't entirely been worked out, but I think we'll go for 6 weeks or so. Things have really been working out. My new job has agreed to let me start Sept. 2. I'm super excited/a little scared. I have a recurring nightmare about public bathrooms, and I had an Indian version of the dream the other night. This will be interesting.

Oh yeah! In other news I have a new job lined up in Wichita. I think I'm really gonna like it and I get to work with one of my good friend from pharmacy school, Corey AKA CMac. The VA in Wichita is hiring a bunch of new pharmacists; I think 6 or 8. They are starting up a new pharmacist-run metabolic disease state management clinic. We will mostly see patients for diabetes, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure. I get to prescribe! (little nervous about that). Plus, since it's for the federal government the benefits are hard to beat. So, in the almost month since I last posted, there's been a lot going on.

3 Comments:

  • Wow! Congrats. That is a lot going on. I like the new look...but it is an adjustment from blue and dots Patti. India, Kansas. Hmm. We need to put Michigan on that list when you catch your breath.

    By Blogger Danafesto, At 16:29  

  • Sounds very, VERY, interesting. Keep us updated as that develops.

    Oh, and I LOVE the new format/layou/colors. Very "fresh" feeling

    By Blogger ~mike, At 06:54  

  • Sounds VERY exciting. Keep me posted on details... what the-- Mikey, you beat me to... whatever. Nice look, too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 06:55  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home