Meet Patti!

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Road Deconstruction

I commute to work in Kansas City every other weekend. I don't mind the 35 minute drive. In fact, ususally I enjoy the chance to listen to some music and clear my head.
My very favorite part of the drive is a certain bump on southbound I435 just before the I70 exit. If taken from the far right lane at just the right speed...it is awesome. My butt literally comes off the seat. This only happens when I'm driving my truck, not my car, which apparently has better shocks or something.
Pitifully, I look forward to this moment for the latter half of my work day. It's not that I don't like my job--I do--I just really like this bump. Yesterday afternoon, after much anticipation, I discovered that the bump was gone! They are doing road "construction" and they got rid of it. How dare they! But what's a girl to do. Ugh.

7 Comments:

  • wanna build a ramp or something?!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 21:43  

  • You wanna come over and we could make each other pass out!! Not so much the same thing though. Think we'd be smarter if we hadn't?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 04:59  

  • Becky-YES
    i took an IQ test the other day just outta curiosity, and i'm 16 points dumber. oh well, it was fun.

    By Blogger Patti, At 08:52  

  • You should talk to Timmah making yourself pass out. He has some experience.

    By Blogger ~mike, At 06:29  

  • I've seen "Timmah" maybe twice this year. You can pretend that it's your story and tell...
    I'm very curious.

    By Blogger Patti, At 14:58  

  • With all that's involved, I'm not sure it's my place to retell it here. In fact *looking around suspiciously* I may have said too much already.

    By Blogger ~mike, At 09:45  

  • I'm thinking that you are just about ready for a race bike. ahh. cheap adrenaline highs, and much nicer to your IQ. think of the air you could get. (GO BIG PATTI!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 19:47  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home