Meet Patti!

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Student Exchange Program

As some of you know, this year I've been involved with putting together a site to host a foreign pharmacy student in Lawrence. It is coming together very well. We will have "Joan," a Spanish student, for a month in August. He will be staying in the home of one of my favorite pharmacists, Lynn. :) Joan will be working in one of the Pharmacology/Toxicology labs for the majority of his stay. The rest will be spent in different places to give him a feel for the crazy way we practice pharmacy in the U.S. Side note: I would like to spend one of my rotations in Slovenija as part of the SEP. More on this later.

I offered to put together some sort of notebook with ideas for things to do in the Lawrence/KC area. Aside from the Plaza, Worlds of Fun, Coyotes (mechanical bull), and Clinton Lake, I don't really know what to include in this notebook. What would a Spanish student be interested in doing in this area? I know some of you have done lots of thinking about Lawrence lately, and I would appreciate your ideas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home