Meet Patti!

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Workout Music

Lately, like for the past month, I have been hitting the gym pretty hard. Sometimes I go with friends, (shout outs to Myrinda, Ro, and Beth!) and sometimes I go by myself. This brings me to the subject of this post. What is the best workout music ever? So far the best I've found is Jamiroquai's Synkronized album. It's amazing. I mean, it starts with "Canned Heat." I feel like I'm sweatin' with Napoleon.

I think that good workout music should be fast and energetic, (obviously) but that it should also be happy. Even stupid happy, unless it's early in the morning in which case stupid happy would be irritating. Does anyone have any ideas about rap that would be good to work out to? I'm really getting into rap/hip hop lately, but mostly old school. Lemme know! Comment...

4 Comments:

  • Workout music....Bret Michaels might do the trick..,

    Love the blog, great idea-you should have been doing this for a long time.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 09:56  

  • personally, I prefer the theme song to "cops".....(it really cranks me up) my second choices would be old school Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, etc. but the "cops" thing RULES.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:36  

  • Looking for stupid happy music? How could you not look to disco? "Shake Your Bootie" by K.C. & the Sunshine band or "Stayin' Alive" by the Bee Gees? With the dance beat thumping and the crazy lyrics, you should get a good work out to disco. And have a big grin on your face the whole time...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:04  

  • I personally love the 80s. Anything 80s... you know, maybe a little MJ, some "whip it", "tainted love", "jesse's girl"... goin to the gym eh? good for you.

    side note: my roomie is movin out end of next month and I'll have an extra bedroom (with queensize bed) if you wanna stay when you are workin in kc.. lemme know.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 00:52  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home