Meet Patti!

Friday, April 20, 2007

Sean Lennon Tonight

Meghan and I are psyched to see Sean Lennon at the Grand Emporium tonight. Yes, he is the son of John and Yoko. But more importantly (as far as I'm concerned, MEGHAN) he is a great musician in his own right. His latest album, Friendly Fire, is fantastic. I have often said that a mark of an excellent album is that my favorite songs change frequently. Friendly Fire has that quality. Today I like "Spectacle" and "Dead Meat" best. My biggest hope for the concert is that all the instruments on the album are also touring. A pet peave of mine is when bands strip the tour down to basic instruments like guitar, drums, and bass. Often the more unusual instruments are what draw me in.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home