Meet Patti!

Saturday, October 20, 2007

OMG, You Guys!

What a strange 12 hours I've had.

Last night, long story short, I lost on an important piece of paper. The consequences of losing this piece of paper would mean forfeiting $185 for a Pennsylvania law exam that I wouldn't be able to take. Eventually, I called work to see if anyone had a key to let me into my office. (Silly, I know) Fortunately someone did, but he was leaving in 15 minutes. I live 10 minutes away and made it. The paper was in my desk. Crisis averted. But it was after midnight by the time I got to sleep.

Fast forward to this morning. I took the exam, but don't have a feeling about whether I passed or not. We'll see. After I was done I decided to check out a flea market not far from the testing center. I was looking at a table of fabric when someone turned to me and said, "Get your paws off that!" Who was it? None other than Jay from Project Runway! He was the Season 1 winner, and my favorite contestant from any season.

Me: You're Jay, huh.
Jay: Yeah. That's pretty exciting, isn't it?
Me: Yeah, it actually kind of is.

Then I said some sort of obligatory fan thing.

Me: So, is your line out yet?
Jay: Not quite, but I will have some things on QVC soon.
Me: Cool. I like QVC.
Jay: Me too. I love QVC!
Me: I got this ring on QVC. (Almost true; I got it off Jewelry TV)
Jay: It's not Heidi Klum is it?
Me: No, unfortunately not.
Jay: Good, cause she kinda sucks. (Laughs. I smile)
Me: It was nice meeting you.
Jay: Nice meeting you too.

Then he turns to the woman selling the fabrics. He asks, "Do you know where this is from?" He holds up the quilt he was looking at. She saids, "Umm, a thrift store?" I wander onward.

3 Comments:

  • How cool to meet someone from the c-list. I don't even know Jay or project runway, the show. It's a show, right? But I would love to meet one of the queer eye guys, or much more importantly, someone from The Office. Even someone like Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration. The nice thing about meeting one of those people is that their real first and their TV first name are the same, for quite a few of them. So you could say, "Well hello, Angela!" (and be right) or "Phyllis! Good to see you" (and be right) You wouldn't have the problem of running into, say, Brad Pitt, and accidentally saying, "So, Tyler Durden, how's the soap business?"

    By Blogger Danafesto, At 06:51  

  • hey...i happen to be meeting Amon and Mike at an Apple Orchard this morning before they go back to DC. I'll tell them I talked to you online. Which is true. I left several messages. They weren't the interactive kind, but still. And I may be overstepping my bounds, but I'll tell them you said "Hi", even though you didn't. Well, maybe that really is lying. I know what I'll do. I'll tell them that I've been connecting with you through your blog, and that I'm sure you would say hi, if you knew that I was going to see them. Well, I won't say exactly that, because the last few sentences I wrote like I was talking to you, which I am, but in a little while I'll be talking to them, and all the pronouns will be different then. But I'm sure you get the drift. I like to keep things simple, so I'll say peace out now.

    By Blogger Danafesto, At 06:55  

  • WE SAW DANA AT THE Cider Place! How fun.

    Oh, and Patti, you met Jay!? I'm truly jealous.

    I love it when worlds collide.

    By Blogger ~mike, At 07:07  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home