Meet Patti!

Monday, December 18, 2006

Wiggle Room

I returned to work at the hospital on Friday for the first time in about a month. I had missed one of my scheduled weekends when I went to California. I work in the IV room with a pharmacist that comes and goes. It can be boring so I invested in a cheap little boom box to keep me entertained. Problem is, sometimes I get TOO entertained. I tend to break out in dance, and when I do my daily mopping the mop becomes a microphone. "Solo dance party" I call it. It's not really a problem because I get my work done and no one's ever really noticed. Except Jae, a 60ish Korean pharmacist; he once caught me busting a move. But then I once overheard him singing along to Cindi Lauper's "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun." I figure we're even.

Back to Friday. I put on Jamiroquai and jumped right back into work as usual despite have been gone for so long. I failed to notice that there were four new cameras strategically placed throughout the pharmacy and that one was in the IV room. There was a new monitor at the front of the pharmacy where everyone else works. You can piece the rest together. Eventually the snickering got loud enough that I could hear it. They still tease me and I'm sure will continue to for some time.

4 Comments:

  • Ha Ha! Why is this so easy to picture?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 15:58  

  • I know, right!?! Hey, I saw your brotha tonight. Are you gonna be in town for Christmas? Call me!!

    By Blogger Patti, At 00:35  

  • I love this post. Love it. I can so easily picture this... and I think I've been there a time or two.. just not on VIDEO. ;) You're wonderful!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 14:34  

  • Hilarious. Technology, the cause of and solution to all the world's problems.

    By Blogger ~mike, At 08:25  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home